Business cannot securely access and manage its own data: it's all in Excel.
Every simple update request in systems has to go through IT... (CIO & CSO)
It manages and controls access to reference data deep inside IT data systems, makes abstraction of technology layers and data models.
Service Mgmt. & Support
- 24/7 for production systems.
- Business hours for others (GMT +03:00, negotiable).
- Remote support provided via ticketing system.
- SLA defined for critical/major/minor issues.
- No additional difference for bronze/silver/gold service levels.
- Apparo Fast Edit
Use Cases & Pain Points Addressed
Quickly addresses inconsistencies or gaps in reports: missing, unreferenced or nameless reference data can be quickly corrected. The latency in defining reference data (such as tariff code, reseller id, branch id, etc.) in ERP systems can be bridged, e.g. while the transaction data is already in DWH system.
Any known data problem on the source system may take a long time to correct which means the reports will show incorrect data until the issue is resolved.
Some information may not be kept in any enterprise systems and are subject to manual entry (e.g. sales quotas and targets, score cards, list of leads, results of surveys, etc.):
- This info is typically kept on Excel ""somewhere"", thus also liable to data security and protection issues or losses.
- Their manipulation is error-prone: changes should be approvable and tracked.
- There are issues with authoring and control (""who has the latest version"").
The hierarchy on which the enterprise reporting is based is often built on the financial reporting criteria, or on organization hierarchies as integrated from HR systems. However, departments such as Sales or Marketing may have different hierarchies which they want to use when viewing their reports. These should be edited easily.
Business/IT Units do not need to have technical skills or specific knowledge of the data model and can manage their data through an easy-to-use interface to the database.
Key Features & Differentiators
- Best of breed technology, modern and user-friendly GUI.
- The tool is a general purpose, stand-alone web-based application, and can be integrated with a customer portal (as opposed to competitor product, which is rather used as a plugin with reporting tools).
- Advanced and highly granular authorization allows for sharp definitions of data owners and roles and responsibilities in maintaining their data.
- Multi-User option: the same table can be edited by different parties, on different columns.
The tool supports different file type (TXT, CSV, excel, XML, and FTP file transfers).
All transactions by all users happen through a single centralizing platform: all transactions are enabled, controlled, verified, logged and auditable following the same processes and standards.
It can use regular expressions for validations, and common operations such as search/replace.
It features an advanced approval mechanism and an independent approval panel.
Costs/Expenses: comes at a fraction of the cost of international vendor tools (List Price comparison). The pricing model is independent of the number of administrators and users (flat rate).